World Championship Competition
How to enter
National Federations will register their athletes following their qualification system or another ITU approved qualification system.
Please contact your National Federation regarding registration
(You must have a triathlon license provided by your National Federation)
- Elite, U23, Junior and Paratriathletes must be registered by their national federations via the ITU online registration system
- AG athletes must be registered through their national federation by a designated AG Coordinator directly with the Race Organizer. If you need assistance don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com
- Everyone else can simply register for the Open Race competitions at this link: https://www.sportstiming.dk/event/4976
Please contact your Federation with time enough to find out about classification criteria or other requirements.
Athletes who did not qualify for an ITU event are highly encouraged to participate in the Open Race.
- Africa Triathlon Federations
- Americas Triathlon Federations
- Asia Triathlon Federations
- Europe Triathlon Federations
- Oceania Triathlon Federations
National suit for World Championships
For international championships under ITU / ETU, it is mandatory to use national uniform. With any questions regarding national uniforms, please contact your National Federation or find your approved uniform HERE
(Use of a national suit will not be mandatory for the Open Race events)
Did not qualify for the World Championship? Don´t worry, you can Participate on the exact same event as the world championship!
Please be aware that both World Championship and Open Race events will be regulated under ITU competition rules 2018. You can find them on the following link:
Prices (World Championships and Open Race)
|Race||Price (USD)||Price (DKK)||Price
|Shuttle service incl. bike - price - USD / DKK / EUR|
|Cross Triathlon||240||1500||200||12 / 75 / 10|
|Long Distance Triathlon||480||3000||410||12 / 75 / 10|
|Long Distance Relay||520||3300||440||12 / 75 / 10|
|Aquabike||385||2500||325||12 / 75 / 10|
All prices are subject to an administration fee of 3% of event price.
Entry fees are charged in DKK.
USD and EUR are approximate prices.
Shuttle Service -incl Bike
Long Distance, Relay and Aquabike – Middelfart
Familiarization/Bike check in: Odense – Middelfart / Middelfart – Odense
Race day: Odense - Middelfart
Cross Triathlon – Svendborg
Familiarization/Bike check in: Odense – Svendborg / Svendborg – Odense
Race day: Odense – Svendborg / Svendborg – Odense
ITU World Championships registration deadline: June 1
Open Race registration deadline: June 22
Multi registration discount
2 events = 5 % discount
3 events = 10 % discount
4 events = 15 % discount
5 events = 20 % discount
Registration rules and policy – Fyn 2018 ITU World Championships Multisport Festival
Applicable rules and policy for World Championships and Open Race
· All events are organized according to ITU competition rules – you can find them HERE
· Participants take part at their own risk. By signing up, you declare that you are fit, healthy and the organizers cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by yourself or other athletes in connection with the races.
· If you are injured or unable to attend and you would request a refund of your bib number, this can be done via www.sportstiming.dk or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2018. A fee of 250dkk will be charged when the refund takes place.
· In case you are unable to attend, a 50% refund on your start number is available between March 2 and May 1, 2018. Service and credit card fees cannot be refunded. Refunds will not take place after May 1 and it is not possible to transfer bib numbers to any events in 2019.
· Until June 1 (WCH) or 22 (Open Race), your BIB can be changed to another competition if there is room in your age group. If you want to change to a competition that is more expensive, you will be charged the difference, change to a cheaper competition, the price difference will not be refunded.
WCH: This must be coordinated with the Team Manager from your National Federation.
Open Race: Please write to email@example.com
· Registration closes at midnight (23.59) on June 1 (WCH) June 22 (Open Race), 2018
Accept by registration
· I accept that photos, film footages, interviews, advertisements and the like taken during the event can be freely used
· I agree that the information I have provided is correct
· I agree that the 2018 World Championships committee, can send me emails with information regarding the competitions and side events. It is possible to unsubscribe from the mailing list any time.
· The 2018 World Championships committee, together with a timing company, will provide you with a timing chip which will have to be handed back after the finish line. If you do not return the chip, you’ll be charged a fee of 250dkk.
What you recieve
· Race the World Championship course (closed from traffic)
· Finisher t-shirt
· Finisher medal
· Professional timing, including bib and split times
· Pasta party
· After race zone
· Online results
· Live tracking during the race – through Sportstiming.dk
· WCH water bottle at bike depot